As a professional coach I use a range of communication skills (such as targeted restatements, listening, questioning, clarifying etc.) to help you shift your perspectives and thereby discover different approaches to achieve your goals.
Coaching is based on working with mentally healthy people and on the viewpoint that change (in a positive sense) can be achieved when we get insight into our behaviour.
By looking at our actions (yours and other people’s) and the way we operate, we gain insight into our own behaviour. This is the starting point of self- management and being more effective. No matter what we try to achieve.
Coaching can be very helpful when it comes to issues like:
Limiting patterns and beliefs
- What convictions are holding you back?
- What behaviour is effective when looking at your goal?
- What makes you run into the same things over and over again?
- What exactly do you perceive as being difficult/hard?
- Why is that?
- What is it that you really want and what is stopping you?
- What about you do you consider ‘not good enough’?
- What are you afraid of?
- What experience is causing you to feel this way?
Dealing with criticism
- What problems do you usually experience when being in contact with others?
- What do you consider difficult?
- What would be another way of dealing with this?
Stress and being overstrain
- How did you get to this point?
- What issues (conscious and unconscious) are playing a role in keeping you in this state?
- What is helpful now and what can you do to prevent this in the future?
Limiting beliefs, viewpoints and patterns are looked at as well as communication and behaviour.